Call for Organizers (CLOSED)
Thank you for your interest in the CascadiaJS 2018 Call for Organizers. It is now CLOSED.
One of the goals for CascadiaJS this year is to behave more like a platform, and provide resources that enable the community to build the best possible conference and do good in our community. In the past, we've run things like the Diversity Scholarship, Coding Workshops and Morning Runs. Over the last year we've thought about creating a program to connect junior devs to mentors and better promote local meetups and their speakers.
So, if you're looking to help out with an existing program (i.e. Hacker Train) or have ideas of your own, you're in the right place!
Proposing a new Program
Here's the tl;dr:
- Let us know what you want to accomplish and what the measurable goals are.
- Let us know what resources you need (people, funding, promotion, etc).
- Commit to regular check-ins with conference organizers on progress.
- Deadline is submit is Friday, June 29th.
CascadiaJS can provide the following resources:
- Funding (either from ticket sales or sponsors)
- Promotion (Twitter, Mailing List, Slack)
- People (we can help you connect with volunteers)
- Mentor / Mentee connections
- Better networking
- Working better with regional meetups
- Helping folks get into tech
All organizers and volunteers are provided with a free ticket to the conference.